mardi 13 août 2019

Lindy's ombré

Hi all!
Caroline here on the Lindy’s blog today to play with Lindy’s sprays and show you this great idea! I tried a super fun and easy technique to make gorgeous ombre look. If you struggle with blending inks together I have the solution for you!
IMG_3446
First, I cut some watercolor paper stripes about 2 inches by 9 inches. I took 3 sprays that would make a nice ombre look when used together. I picked Starburst Hydrangea blueFlat Fabio Ocean breeze blue and Starburst Shabby turbine teal.
IMG_3438
I used a palette because I wanted to play easily with a large flat brush. With 1 color I made 2 stripes. The first one was the pure color with an “almost dry” brush. The second stripe was made with a “very wet” brush and just a bit of the same color. Adding water to a color to dilute it, makes beautiful gradients tones.
IMG_3447 (1)
I let the colored strips air dry and I put them beside each other to obtain a nice ombre look. I glued them as I wanted them on an 8″x8″ scrap piece of paper.
IMG_3439
I took my sewing machine out of the closet and I sewed all around my collage. I also sewed all the stripes horizontally. I added a couple of spatters in the corner where I wanted to put my picture.
IMG_3440
Here it is, I had a beautiful background completely handmade!
I just had to put some embellishments here and there in a cluster because I like it, around my picture and in the upper corner.
IMG_3445
Zoom in on the details below.
IMG_3444
IMG_3443
That’s it for today, there are so many easy ways to play with those fabulous sprays! Don’t hesitate to ask questions over our Facebook group Lindy’s creative gang!
Lindy’s products used: 
Others: Watercolor paper: Strathmore, Diecuts: Les créations Edith Cloutier, Badges: Scrap aux Puces

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire